Heritage Funeral Services

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if someone dies in hospital

When someone dies in hospital, a doctor will issue the Death Certificate which you will need to collect from the hospital. If the funeral is to be a cremation, please advise the hospital staff so they can make arrangements for any additional documentation required.

What do I do if someone dies at home

When someone dies at home the first contact should be with the deceased’s doctor who will normally issue the Death Certificate.

What do I do if someone dies in a Nursing Home

The nursing staff at the Care Home staff should liaise with the doctor to arrange the Death Certificate.

What do I do if someone dies unexpectedly

When someone dies unexpectedly the Procurator Fiscal (Scotland) is normally involved. If the deceased has not been under the doctor’s care on a regular basis, the emergency doctor or police involved will inform the Procurator Fiscal. We can advise on the procedures involved and liaise with the Procurator Fiscal’s office.

What do I do if someone dies away from home

When someone dies away from home or abroad, please contact us by phone and we can make all the necessary arrangements

Can you arrange flowers

Yes we can arrange flowers as this is one of the services we provide.

Can you arrange Headstones

Yes we can help arrange headstones

Heritage Funeral Services
10 Montgomery Street,
The Village,
East Kilbride,
G74 4JS
01355 271717

Heritage Funeral Services
52 Gateside Street
ML3 7J2
01698 421 300

Heritage Funeral Services
23 Townhead Street
ML10 6AB
01357 528 799

HFS Golden Charter